Associations and institutions are welcome to apply to become members of the ALCC.
All the files you need to produce your own copy of Copyright The Card Game – Australian Edition.
Copyright The Card Game – Australian Edition is an adaptation of Copyright The Card Game v3.0 by Chris Morrison and Jane Secker from UK Copyright Literacy. This Edition and the original game are licensed for reuse under the terms of a Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence.
This Edition was adapted for Australia and Australian copyright law by Nerida Quatermass, Kate Makowiecka, Lisa Conti Phillipps, Elliott Bledsoe and Jessica Coates. It is proudly produced by Creative Commons Australia and the Australian Libraries Copyright Committee, in partnership with the Australian Digital Alliance.
You can download the cards as a PDF with or without bleeds using the buttons below.
Use the version without bleeds if you intend to print the cards yourself and the version with bleeds if you intend to have the cards printed by a commercial printer.
You can also view the associated workshop slides online on Google Drive or download them as a PowerPoint. We also have a promotional slide set available. These resources are available using the buttons below.
Creating the Australian Edition
In late 2018 a group of GLAM and education copyright experts decided to adapt UK Copyright Literacy‘s Copyright the Card Game to suit Australian copyright law. Like the Canadian adaption project we recognised that the content of the game would have to be changed to accurately reflect the Australian legislative and licensing context.
Using online conferencing and real-time collaboration tools (mainly Google Docs) we needed to address issues such as the differences in terminology in Australia as well as different Australian exceptions to copyright.
In the coming weeks we will be making design tweaks to the original card set’s design and preparing them for printing. We hope to launch Copyright the Card Game – Australian Edition at the Australian Digital Alliance‘s Copyright Forum 2019 on Friday 22 March 2019.
The colour scheme for Copyright The Card Game – Australian Edition is inspired by the floral emblems of the Commonwealth and the Australian States and Territories.
- Purple references the Royal Bluebell (Wahlenbergia gloriosa), floral emblem of the Australian Capital Territory.
- Red references the Waratah (Telopea speciosissima), floral emblem of New South Wales, and the Sturt’s Desert Pea (Swainsona formosa), floral emblem of South Australia.
- Pink references the Common Heath (Epacris impressa), floral emblem of Victoria, the Cooktown Orchid (Dendrobium phalaenopsis), floral emblem of Queensland, and the Sturt’s Desert Rose (Gossypium sturtianum), floral emblem of the Northern Territory.
- Green references the Red and Green Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos manglesii), floral emblem of Western Australia.
- Yellow references the Tasmanian Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus), floral emblem of Tasmania and the Golden Wattle (Acacia pycnantha), floral emblem of Commonwealth of Australia.
The Copyright the Card Game – Australian Edition group is:
- Jessica Coates, Executive Officer, the Australian Libraries Copyright Committee and the Australian Digital Alliance.
- Nerida Quatermass, Project Manager, Creative Commons Australia at QUT.
- Kate Makowiecka, former University Copyright Coordinator, Murdoch University.
- Lisa Conti Phillipps, Liaison Librarian, School of Engineering and Information Technology and School of Science, University of New South Wales Canberra.
- Elliott Bledsoe, Copyright Officer, the Australian Libraries Copyright Committee and the Australian Digital Alliance.
Download the cards files
You can download the game cards with or without bleeds in Portable Document Format (PDF).
You can view the workshop slides online on Google Drive or download in PowerPoint Presentation Office Open XML (PPTX).
You can download the promotional slides in PPTX.